BROWSE VIDEO TUTORIALS
step 2: fasten male clip
step 4: facing both clips
“Beau-TIPS” Tips for BeauClip Installation
- If your sub-straight is uneven or bowed, there is a chance of the Clip failing caused by movement of the boat.
- BeauClips are to be attached on straight material ONLY.
- Must Drill ½” holes at a perpendicular angle.
- Must NOT over tighten #4 screws as no to change shape of clips (set torque on drill).
- The heavier the object, the more clips are needed.
- BeauClips are built for STRAIGHT DOWN pull force. Pulling at an angle can cause breakage of clips and damage to panels.
- Sub-Straight = NON removable piece (Female Clip is attached to Sub-Straight with #4 Flat Head Phillips Screws).
- Making hole in sub-straight “slightly” bigger will release ball pressure created by the male piece during insertion if the clips are too hard to separate.
- The thicker the plywood material the closer the BeauClips need to be installed.
- Recommend one BeauClip every 14” on 3/8” plywood materials.
- It is not recommended to use BeauClips to hold speakers or any other heavy objects.
- For best installation it is recommended to use the ½” Carbide tipped drill bit. (“Beau-Bit”).